Vaginal tightening without surgery
Vaginal tightening without surgery is performed using a CO₂ laser and is carried out in our surgery by a gynaecologist.
A vaginal tuck, also known as a vaginoplasty, is a medical procedure that aims to improve the function and appearance of the vagina. This may be necessary or desired if a woman with a sagging or stretched vagina has problems that affect her quality of life.
table of contents
Reasons for a vaginal lift with laser
- Vaginal loosening after childbirth: The vagina can stretch after one or more childbirths, which can lead to reduced sexual satisfaction or incontinence problems.
- Ageing: Over time, the muscles and connective tissue of the vagina can lose firmness. Decreasing oestrogen levels cause the vaginal tissue to become thinner and more sensitive. This makes the vagina more susceptible to inflammation and often results in pain during sexual intercourse.
- Congenital anomalies: Some women may be born with a natural predisposition to weak vaginal muscles or an unusually wide vaginal canal.
- Stress incontinence
- Vaginal dryness
How vaginal tightening with CO₂ laser works
Vaginal laser therapy is a non-surgical option for vaginal tightening that uses a CO₂ laser. The laser produces targeted energy to heat the vaginal tissue and stimulate new collagen formation. This can improve the firmness and tautness of the vaginal walls.
The procedure of vaginal laser therapy:
- First ordination: During the consultation we will discuss your individual concerns and expectations, take your medical history and inform you about the treatment procedure.
- Preparation: Before the treatment, the vagina is cleaned and you can apply a local anaesthetic cream to minimise possible discomfort.
- During treatment, an experienced gynecologist inserts a special CO₂ laser into the vagina. The laser is delivered in a controlled manner and generates targeted heat energy to stimulate and tighten the tissue. The treatment is almost painless and usually only a feeling of warmth is perceived during the treatment.
The exact number of sessions required may vary depending on the individual situation. However, results are noticeable immediately after the first vaginal laser treatment.
- Aftercare: After treatment, you may experience mild discomfort such as slight swelling, redness or a temporary feeling of heat. Your doctor will give you instructions for aftercare, including possibly recommended rest periods or restrictions on sexual activity.
After vaginal laser therapy
The treatment is done on an outpatient basis and takes 20-30 minutes. Normally, the patient can resume her normal activities immediately after the treatment. We also recommend a grace period of up to 3 days so that the mucous membranes and intimate areas can regenerate well.
Healing time and side effects
The healing time is short and lasts 3-5 days. During this time, side effects may occur, such as redness and slight swelling in the intimate area. Increased vaginal discharge (secretion) is also to be expected after the treatment. This subsides after about 2 days.
Frequently asked questions about vaginal tightening without surgery
- Relatively short treatment duration
- A vaginal tightening with CO₂ laser is a minimally invasive method compared to a surgical procedure.
- Short healing times
- The laser treatment is almost painless - optionally an anaesthetic cream can be applied before the treatment.
The laser treatment achieves an improved sexual sensation, helps very well against stress incontinence and a strengthening of the vaginal mucosa, which again strengthens the immune system.
The laser treatment usually only produces a feeling of warmth and slight pain is possible during the treatment. After the treatment, a slight burning sensation in the vagina is normal. A numbing cream can help.
First results are noticeable directly after the first treatment, however, about 3-6 sessions are necessary for a complete tightening. The treatment interval is about five weeks.
I felt in good hands with Dr. Orasche. Short waiting times, you can... Read more